going through a bad seperation and my mother in law owes me 400 dollars that i planned on uses to buy my 2 kids some xmas gifts with but she's being so controling about giving my money to me adult content

See we mated our toy Eskimo dogs together , i have the male and she was supposed to give me the money when they mated but she didn't have it so i told her just give it to me when u sell the first pup...well so far she has sold 3 and tells me she'll give me the money on Xmas eve and taking me to k mart...wow , all day Xmas eve i'm at my relatives house for dinner and gift exchanging from 4pm until about 1100 pm then i come home and begin to prepare Xmas diner for the next day , the lasagna , peel all sweet potatoes, white potatoes, make up cookie platter and wrap gifts.   I told her i can't wait til x mas eve and she told me then if she can she'll take me the night before around 7 ...wtf...she has my money that i need for my kids ( her grand kids) and is so controlling and refuses to give it to me.   then she wont give it to me unless i let her take me...i hate waiting until the last minute to do anything especially Xmas shopping and i can't stand Kmart i need to go to a handful of different stores to get what they want....what should i do...need help with controlling mother in law ...please help w/ some good advice!!!! THANKS!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• It's kind of hard to understand what you're typing, no pun intended. Lots of typo's and just bad grammar.

There isn't really any advice that I can give you. You should have had a contract with this lady, and if you don't you're pretty much screwed. They don't give dogs DNA tests in court as far as I am aware. Secondly, if you DO have a contract with her, then take her to small claims court. It pretty much sounds like she is giving you the run around and isn't going to pay you.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Lesson learned, even when studding to a relatives dog make a contract and both parties should sign it. Personally I would tell her the next time she asked to let my dog stud hers NO MONEY UP FRONT NO DEAL.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Adding to what rezelda said they actually do do pet DNA tests BUT I think thats only if the dogs have papers, our dogs do and have had DNA testing done (to make sure we don't breed related dogs).
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• have you explained all this to her? Tell her by Christmas eve or even the day before the stores my not have what your children want. You need to get it done earlier. Other then that there isnt much you can do but go to court and that wont happen until after Christmas more then likely. It's really hard when someone has control of your money and wont give it to you when you really need it. Good Luck!
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yeah they have paper she just being a straight up bitch about it...idk what to do plus even though she's stressing me out i'm afraid to say anything about it cause i think if i do she wont give me my money at all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• hmmm,..only a few minor spelling and grammar issues,...we can't all be perfect especially when we are worked up!! Anyways, good luck to you honey! My mother in law is controlling as well,..but there comes a point when you need to put your foot down. Simply stand up to her and tell her that you are going to be extremely busy for a few days before christmas and you would like your money asap so that you can go shopping at your convenience. Let her know that as of right now you will be playing it by ear, but when the time comes you just want to go alone so you can get in and out. You could even tell her that you plan on christmas shopping with a friend or something. Good luck though.
    Pandi653

Answer by Pandi653 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yes i tryed to explian this to her and that's when she said well maybe if she has time she'll take me the day before...on top of that i have all next week off and the kids r in school she wants me to do the shopping when the kids r home from school and that means i would have to take them with me..gurrrrrr!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thats what i was thinking...just don't know if she'll go for it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• @ 405 - I've never been to "doggy court" lol. My attorney/boss tends to handle adoptions and estates only. Sorry!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• @ Pandi - There are over 25 spelling and grammar issues. I stopped counting at 25 as I have to go back downstairs now! Mainly the lack of using periods appropriately is what confused me the most. =)

Good luck with this OP.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010