I need to know anything and everything you know about getting you tonsiles taken out!

I have had major problems with my tonsiles swelling up for about 2 years now. Last yr in november i was sappose to have them out and then found out i was expecting, so they wouldnt do it. The past two weeks they have been really swallen and i can feel them on the out side of my neck. I was told i should go to the er and get them checked. My problem is if they decide to take them out. 1. I dont really have anyone to watch my 6 month old, everyone i know would have to take off work to be able to. (his father and i are not together anymore) 2. Its so close to Christmas and i dont wanna spend my sons first Christmas in the hospital and not with him.

Please, if u know anything about getting them out, how long it takes, or anything; i know nothing about this.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• It's an out patient procedure. You'll be there several hours to recover from the anesthesia but you'll be home the same day. It'll hurt to swallow and you'll be on liquids, but other than that you should be fine. That's about all I remember from my son having his removed a couple years ago when he was 12.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had mine taken out over Thanksgiving break when I was in high school. It really isn't bad. The worst part is the bad breath and gross taste in your mouth as your mouth is healing from the surgery. I took the pain meds twice, and couldn't eat anything but pudding, and gatorade for about 5 days.

My cousin had hers out and went white water rafting the next day.

It was a really easy surgery to recover from. My wisdom teeth were much worse.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think, u r only in the hospital for one night. But with u being pregnant,it might be longer. U have the worst sore throat for two weeks following surgery and u can only tolerats ice cream!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• the best part is you can eat as much ice cream as possible and you will be sore but it will be some time to relax a little so enjoy the relaxation
    jyvt

Answer by jyvt at 4:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010