Baby names

We are having our second son so my husband and and sat down and talked about names. Our "short" list has 17 names on it but none of them flow together nicely. (Our "long list" had 54 names) What can we do to narrow down our short list a little more and figure out something that flows?

Our first son was given a family name so we didn't have this problem at all.

Flows: How the first and middle name sound with the last name. The last name is Remus, and nothing really sounds good with it.

Names: Ronan, Alexander, Andrew, Soren, Donavan, Aarron, Alastor, Alec, Mathew, Orion, Titus, Erik, Oberon, Wolfgang, Desmund, Torin, Lestat

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 3:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Baby Names

• My mother told me to open the back door and yell the name a few hundred times and see it you still like it because that is what you will be doing.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I vote for Matthew too !!!!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Flow nicely with what? I'd be considering how well the first name flows with the last name. I'd also consider how good of a first name it will be for a LIFETIME, not just for a baby or for a child.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What are some of the names on the list?
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I second the thought that it needs to carry your son throughout his whole life. Hubby and I thought a lot about syllables and emphasis, and how long the baby's name would ultimately be. Do you have a middle name picked out? Sometimes these things resolve themselves when you look at initials (our baby girl will have the middle and last initials "EW" so that doesn't leave many first names open)
    justbrandi111

Answer by justbrandi111 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wolfgang! really???
    Anonymous

• Can i vote for Matthew? thas my fav! Couldnt use it cause its already in the family but it is my sons middle name
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Andrew, Matthew, and Erik seem to go best with your last name.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I paid more attention to how well the first and last name flowed, but I guess it's important for all three to flow too.

Donavan, Alec, Matthew and Erik all flow well with Remus.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Matthew or Donovan seem to flow the best.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010