Soy Milk VS Regular Milk

I like to drink organic soy milk opposited to regular milk. But some people say soy milk is bad. Why is that? And should I stop drinking it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• They're probably talking about how soy interrupts estrogen receptors. I wouldn't make soy my sole source of protein, but I too like to drink soy milk.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Soy milk isn't bad for you, but it can be higher in sugar than regular milk. Unflavored or light soymilk is usually lower in sugar than the regular vanilla or chocolate kind.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Soy is bad for you since nearly 100% of the soy in products has been genetically modified. It is particularly bad for women and really should be avoided as it can act as an endocrine disruptor.
    Anonymous

• Soy milk is gross but I'm lactose intolerant and drink lactaid milk. All lactose free milks have a longer shelf life than regular milk.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Almond milk is good too.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010