going insane 5 year old keeps getting a fever

my 5 year old was fine Saturday until about 1pm then she started getting a fever. It was 99.1 then in 2 hours went down to 98.6 then in 3 hours it was up to 100.4. Then she was saying her belly hurt. The next day Sunday she woke up her fever was 99.1 then a few hours later it was 100.1. Then she was complaining that her belly hurt again then she said she couldn't poop. Finally last night she did go, but it was diarehea although it was only one time. The this morning she woke up no fever. Her temp was 98.6. Well I been checnking it all day and it has been 98.6. Now she says she can't poop again. Well now I checked her temp a few minutes ago and now her temp is 100.0. I hate for her to miss school tomorrow (if they have it, they didn't have it today because of the weather) becausae they are having the santa shop (her first time), but what is wrong with her. She has been acting fine other than Saturday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• 100.4 is barely a fever. It is low grade and can be caused by dehydration, change in room temp, drinking something hot. I certainly wouldn't worry about anything below 100.4. Personally, we don't even treat a fever that is less than 102.5 because the fever is nature's way of killing viruses that infect us.

I would be more concerned of why she cannot poop. I would make sure that she is getting plenty of fiber and liquids (mostly water) in her diet.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It isn't that I am concered about the fever itself it is because she has had it since Saturday and it keeps going from normal up too 100 back to normal again. Plus they wont let her at school if it is more than 99 something. She finally did just now go to the bathroom though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• A low-grade fever like that can be caused by a whole lot of things for a five year old. If she has stomach pain/diarrhea I would query some kind of low grade stomach bug.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010