My Mother in Law wants us to go away to Cancun in Feb. Any tips on Traveling to mexico for 10 days with a 7 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Gripe water, wipes, sunscreen and a bit of extra cash to buy a cheepo stroller when you are down there. Have a blast!
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 4:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't. Travel conditions are less than ideal right now in Mexico, health conditions are not great either, I wouldn't take a baby or even a small child to Mexico right now.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Those were my thoughts exactly. I honestly didn't want to go because of the water and I didn't fel uncomfortable. I got talked into it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have you heard about the killings in Mexico recently? The tourist attacks? The drug-related violence? The state-issued travel warnings? Mexico isn't safe right now, especially for American citizens. While I've been there in the past (when conditions were better), I wouldn't do it either - and I couldn't be talked into it. Even more, I couldn't be talked into putting the safety of my children at risk.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 4:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thank you!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry, I wouldn't take a small child there either right now.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 9:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Now I feel bad because I told her yes proceed with the air fair!! Oy.. I really was against it but it was causing tension between my husband and I.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010