Spin off: When to teach "Good Touch / Bad Touch"

How old do you start to tell your kids about good touch bad touch? And how do you go about it??
our son is 3 and we've made some very minor attempts but I think we are approaching it wrong..
What did you or do you say at this age? he is just barely potty trained, so he still needs help in the bathroom but he hates going anyway so the times we have talked about touch or uncomfortable, he tells us that he is not comfortable ( like copying our words) when we ask him to go potty - which is clearly not the direction we were trying to go in...any advice?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a grandmother of twelve and have talked to my youngest daughters kids because she always has a different live-in bf. I just told them where their private places are and that if ANYBODY ever touched them there, except for wiping their bottom, they could always tell mamaw (me). I told them that I would tell them no-no. I'm so glad I did because my daughter lost her kids because the piece of s**t she was living with molested my 3 yr. old granddaughter and she told several members of the family about it. Sorry had to vent a little.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 12:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I've been trying to teach my 3 year old but I dont think she understands.....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010