Should I tell him or just let it go?

So recently I got in touch with someone I went to high school with (Thanks to Facebook). We didn't really know each other but we've been talking. Mainly about what we've been up to an such. We hung out the other day, something that I thought was just grabbing coffee and talking. He referred to it as a date. Well, two days ago he posts pictures of some other people we went to high school-this guy, his wife and their family. The guy he's posting pictures of raped me in high school-along with one of his friends. The entire school knew about it. I was labeled the school slut because of it. Granted he may have been out of school by the time that happened. However, I don't want to associate myself with someone who hangs out with rapists. My question is, do I just delete him and block him or tell him why I'm no longer speaking to him. I don't really think it's going to change his mind about his friends. And I'm not sure I want to bring all that up again because I'm certain this guy's wife would start some shit (she was dating him at the time this happened, I believe). Do you think he needs to know what happened?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I think I would just quietly slip out of the picture. Anything you say is most likely going to stir up stuff you would rather not have stirred. Just be thankful you found out what you needed to know, and be done with it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think you never to tell him. I find it rude when people just stop talking to be or hanging with me when I never telling me why.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ^^Huh?^^^

I think you should tell him why. Then tell him you just don't want to be involved with that crowd. He can just go on his merry way. Ask him to please keep it to himself. If he doesn't, well, it can get nasty. But, you don't want to be involved right? And if you just stop talking to him, he's gonna want to know why. You could hide him on your home page I believe. Then you won't have to see anything he posts. But, if he wants to get a group together, and that includes you and that piece of shit monster, then you'd have to explain, kinda. He's know somethings up. KWIM? IDK. I guess it depends on your relationship with this guy, how much you trust him.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• maybe you should just tell him you had an issue with _____ in highschool and you dont want to associate with him. Tell him you are sorry and you dont want to bring it up but you didnt want him to wonder why you were deleting him. Then wish him the best of luck and delete him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Block him and/or delete and K.I.M. You can tell him why if you prefer. It was a long time ago and he might not know.
    hap2bmom

Answer by hap2bmom at 4:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• As one of the other ladies said, just let him know that you had an issue with one of his friends in high school and you don't want to associate with him. It's in the past now, I wouldn't bring it up.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My rapist was voted in to our high school Hall of Fame!!!!! They knew he raped me. He confessed to it! Sometimes it's best just to cut ties with those who put rapists on pedestals and move on. I did

Answer by admckenzie at 5:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010