Any way to find a good doctor for your pregnancy?

I was just wondering if anyone could give me advice on trying to find a good baby doctor for pregnancy. I thought maybe there might be a website or something. I would appreciate your advice.

FaithsMommy03

Asked by FaithsMommy03 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The best way is to go to the hospital and ask the labor and delivery nurses who they would use personaly? They would be the ones to know.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Eh, I would go about it two ways: first, find a hospital with great reviews in your area via your insurance. Second, find and locate doctor's that deliver in THAT hospital, and have years of experience on record and that they are certified, etc. You can also do this through your insurance. I did the exact same thing; and although my doctor is 30 miles away, it is worth the drive to have an intelligent doctor working at the #1 hospital for Maternity in the area!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 4:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Well, if you're in NYC, I can recommend one to you! Otherwise like the other posters said, if you know anyone who works at a hospital, you should ask them. I found my doc through a friend who is a nurse. He's so awesome that even the people who work with him see him. It also depends on what you want when you deliver, a lot of docs have different opinions about things, going natural, c-secs, etc. YOu should try to find out if they agree with how you'd like to do things.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2008