pregnant can i get medicaid if i own a home?

i am pregnant and currently unemployed , i do own my home and need insurance since im pregnant , would i get approved for medicaid ? or no since i own a house? i have no morgage since i inheritaed the home from my late mother who had payed the house off. i live in michigan if that helps thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend who owns her own home because her parents bought it for them. She got medicaid when she was pregnant. Medicaid takes into consideration your income vs your monthly expenses for bills and how many ppl are in your home etc. Just because you own your own home doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't eligible.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes you should be able to get it with no problem but make sure you have proof from a doctor or even from planned parenthood before you sign up.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would try to look online for your state agency and call them. When you inherit a home you normally still qualify. I am 9 months pregnant and need to go to the agency here in VA for emergency medicaid but regardless they should approve you just ride their butt and don't stop lol... know it sounds like a pain but that is the only way you will get it sooner than later... until then a free clinic will help you with medical visits if need be.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes you can. My friend owns her home, has 2 kids and gets medicaid and she's not pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I dont think owning a home has anythign to do with the approval for medicaid. It depends on how much your income is per month. Go in and fill out an application to see if you qualify- thats the best way to know. Im sure you will get approved if you dont have a job and are pregnant.
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010