I wonder why and how (piog)

Why do some BM's act as Malicious Mother's? As a mother I would want my child(ren) to have the most simple childhood possible, so I really do not understand their motivation to alienate and create drama.

How is the best way to deal with them? I am not sure that there is anything to be done since change comes from the inside so I wonder: should they be Ignored like a playground bully or confronted as an adult?

BluDog

Asked by BluDog at 4:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you talking in general or as a step mom dealing with a bm? Can you give an example?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have no issues with my son birth mom. Well an issue can be fixed until its talked about. So both parties need to be adults and sit down face to face and talk about theirs issues or problems.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• *My stepsons
    mommy_of_two388

• Ignore, follow the court order to the letter, and always remember that you can't negotiate with terrorists.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was referring to Malicious Mother Syndrome. It sort of like Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS). Basically, it's when a biomother feels the need to cause a bunch of drama with her ex and his family and friends.
    BluDog

Comment by BluDog (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First sit down with your husband, after with the mum. Talking is always the first step. If it doesn't help, than wish for the best. She can be the birth mum but if he your stepson) is not in her custody than it is up to the dad how he react. You didn't say too much about your problem. But try to talk it through.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010