Communication problems

We dont agree on how to raise are son. I say no, he tells my son yes. i talk to hi he says okay and things will change. the next day it is something else...this is bullshit!!! we dont see eye to eye on anything. He believes in hitting any time he wants and it pisses me off, he knows it does but his answer you cant tell me how to do my son!!! Wtf?? we are young and he is even younger in his mind...if you ask me...Wth do i do now?? he doesnt want counseling either!!!

Onenamillion

Asked by Onenamillion at 4:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• It is vital that you two compromise and come to an agreement on things. Your child sees all this & will use it to his advantage and he will be the one to be hurt in the end. Parenting classes or sitting down together and your expressing your feelings on how it doesn't need to be a power struggle, just a meeting of the minds to raise a well-adjusted son who knows where his boundries are. It is well worth the effort and you will be rewarded immensely someday at what a fine son you've raised together!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 5:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think it's time for mommy and daddy to sit down like two adults and have a real talk. Have some watch your son so you can do this without interruptions. Compromise on things.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What about a parenting class that you attend together. They touch on all aspects of parenting, including discipline. You can say it's part of your "date night" and go out to dinner after wards.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• By compromising do i give in to the things he wants because we have tried this before and he is stuck in the way he wants do things. If i dont like it then o well is what he says he is not giving me my way he says. How do you compromise when the other cannot even grasp the meaning of the word?
    Onenamillion

Comment by Onenamillion (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Take an iron skillet to his head, Works every time :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• lol i might really hurt him..so aybe thats not such a good idea...lol
    Onenamillion

Comment by Onenamillion (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010