Is it physically possible to...

go to school in your 9th month and then return a few days after the birth???

Onenamillion

Asked by Onenamillion at 4:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be physically possible, depending on your birthing experience- but it's not safe, under any circumstance... AT ALL.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 4:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's possible but not very safe. You need 6 weeks to heel. After a birth of a baby you need to give your body time to rest
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• 6 weeks to heal completely, but that's not necessary before returning to normal activities. Doctors recommend not doing any lifting, excessive walking or any exercise for two weeks after birth. But it's not like walking from house to car then car to classroom is going to hurt you. Just don't go up stairs, use an elevator (all buildings have to have one for handicapped persons), and don't walk around campus. If you have to walk more than you would for just being around the house, then I wouldn't advise going.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was in college when I had my first. Only part time on a MWF schedule. I had her on a Tuesday night. Yes I had attended my classes on Monday. My water broke Monday night. I ended up with a c-section Tuesday night and was back in class when she was 12 days old. There was nothing unsafe about it. I was dropped off at the door of each building and walked up one flight of stairs and sat in a chair for 55 minutes then walked back down the stairs. How is that any harder than doing laundry?
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 5:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would look into online schooling if you would like to stay in school.....I cant imagine going anywhere a couple WEEKS after having a baby....
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• would you really want to leave your newborn so soon?what about bonding this time is very important.you can always make up school time
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010