what is wrong???

my daughter who will b 3 in jan has been acting up, screaming, and throwing tantrums. she refuses to take naps and even tho she was almost completely potty trained she refuses to use the potty. she will pee in her pants or i caught her under the bathroom sink peeing in the cabinet. I also discovered that she has been peein on her basket of stuff animals... its like a completely diff child has moved in. I have even had trouble getting her to sleep at night.... any advice or insight would b greatly appreciated!!!

ColeTrain0408

Asked by ColeTrain0408 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Id talk to her dr. Peeing her self can be normal but peeing out of spite could be a whole nother issue GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'd start looking at other aspects of her life, has anything traumatizing happened to her? Maybe has she seen a boy peeing and thinks she wants to pee like the boys do?
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 5:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would definitely talk to her what is happened. The behaviour can show that something bad happened. I don't want to scare you but better to find out. Does she scared ? Does she have secrets like I am not telling you about that people... Is there anything new in her life? Moving can cause behaviour changing as well. I would definitely take her to a counsellor for children. If she was fine before and suddenly she misbehave than there is something serious  up.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• we did recently move but this didnt start until a few weeks after... her dad has also just come back into the picture he has been incarcirated for last two years... i have a son who is 6 but i never experienced anything like this with him... im at wits end fussin or puttin her in corner or getting in trouble doesnt phase her....
    ColeTrain0408

Comment by ColeTrain0408 (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have you and your SO been fighting lately? or maybe some kind of other stresser so that she is acting out out of confusion/frustration. The move may have made her feel like she has no control so she is trying to control aspects of her life that she can directly control.
    Call the pediatrician, and maybe take a break from her. Send her w/family for the day. Take a day to you and gather yourself. She may do well with a day away and you can focus time on her after. Give her opportunities to make her own decisions or do things herself, GL!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 5:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• TOTALLY agree with SASSY! your little one has had a lot of change in her life that has been out of her control.... she can control where she pees and sleep patterns....
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 6:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

*********************************************************
    Ding ding ding. This is a lot of change for a little girl. That is a lot of stress Talk to her ped and see what can be done to aleviate the stress of all this change. Be patient with her.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010