This normal right

As I am trying to rebuild my confiedence and social circle I am noticing that I don't want my cousin around. Now I live away from my relative and only day to day contact we have is via Facebook and I have noticed that I do not like her status. I know it is her life but I feel she is off track...well not something I want to see. Do you think it's cool if I delete her and maybe in a few years she would have found her path and we can reconnect??

I really think she is on some young mess and I am trying to get up out that silly thinking/mindset.
And real answers people. She is my cousin and I love her but just not happy with things now.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 5:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I have a few cousins who have the same kinda stuff on their status. Sometimes I'm like wow what happened to my innocent good cuz. But I just don't read them. Its like I just overlook them and don't respond even when I want to put WTH. But don't delete her or that could be even more drama later. Your friends don't see her status unless their friends of hers also. Or unless you reply on her status. So just try to overlook it. Family is family. We don't have to like them but they are still blood.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Do what's your best for yourself and your family. If deleting her will stop drama then go for it. I have tons of family on facebook but I dont add the ones that have caused drama or I know are bad news
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You should tell her the truth because she is your family. You did not mention both your ages. That would probably make a difference.
    hap2bmom

Answer by hap2bmom at 5:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You can hide her on facebook. You don't have to delete her. When next time you can see her status on your page, you can go next to her name and there is an arrow there. Click on the arrow. Facebook will ask: hide the application or hide the person's feeds. Click on the 'hide the person's feeds". After that facebook won't list her feeds on your page. Tadaaaaaaaaaa:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You can always just block her from your feed. So she will still be your friend, you can still chat and message her, but her status updates won't show up on your page. I have a cousin like that - 15, almost 16, and not headed in a good direction, but nothing anybody says can improve her mindset or behavior. It does get a bit irritating, I don't want to see her statuses (with 3 out of 5 words misspelled) about all the crap she gets up to.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Block the feed. You can still look at her page when you want to. She can still see everything you post. But really- you can't agree with everyone you are "friends" with on Facebook. I only have 75 friends and I find half of their posts don't go a long with how I live my life but we are still friends. Just ignore the stuff that only effects her. Get out of the drama!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• the best thing you can to is talk to her and try to clear her head...she may be confused.. or even lost..i know at some point in life everyone needs a friend that helps them better uderstand them self...
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Just "Hide" her status updates. That's what I do with my family! lol

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 5:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would just leave it, no need to delete.

It is HER profile, not yours. No big deal.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yeah I just dont want to do it out of anger or something you know? There was a rumor and from the person who told me...said she (my cousin said it) I asked her and she said no it was someone else and she defended me. But some reason I can not shake it. After I had my kid she tried to contact me and said she wanted to be the cousin she hadn't been...I was real resistent towards it but tried to put bullshit aside. Now I just see certain statement from her and I am like that is so not like you...why are you being so fake?

IDK...she wants to be seen as a sex object (Idol is Nicki Manjai) and she and sex do not go hand in had. She is funny, very whitty, smart, a good entertainer I mean so many other things but sex object no.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010