What would an appropriate punishment be for 13 yr old boys who snap bra straps at school?

parajumper3

Asked by parajumper3 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• He's a kid. Tell him it is wrong, tell him why it is wrong, and tell him not to do it again. Plain and simple. It is called being a parent. No public embarrassment or making him wear a bra necessary unless you want to create a very disturbed man someday. And it isn't sexual at that age, it is called "flirting." I am not condoning it, but I'm not going to make a mountain out of a molehill like some of you militants. Your poor children.
    Georgie_Peaches

Answer by Georgie_Peaches at 11:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First offense?
    I'd try not laugh and simply warm him that it's disrespectful and inappropriate.
    Second offense? He'd be losing video games for a month.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Atomic wedgie

Seriously, detention if the school is punishing, apologies to the girls if the parent is handing out the punishment. And a serious talk about how much trouble he can get into in this day & age for touching girls in an inappropriate manner.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Make him wear one!

Answer by older at 5:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Make him put on a bra and snap it a few times. See how he like sit....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• detention, writing a full page on how to show respect to girls
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If it continues to happen, suspension. That can be considered sexual harrasment.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• @ bcauseimthemom
    Chillax. I doubt he even knows it qualifies as sexual harassment. Maybe you should reread my answer. If my daughter got her bra strap snapped and was terribly upset about it, I would talk to her about it and if it continued I would let the school know ASAP. If it were my son doing the snapping, I would do EXACTLY what I told the OP to do. The school can punish him however they want. I am talking about from my end of it. Kids have poor judgment. I am not going to crucify a 13-year-old for lacking sense. I said I would talk to him and punish him. Public humiliation? What is this? The dark ages? The Salem witch trials? Get over yourself.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would make him wear one around the house one weekend under his clothes. And wear a sign saying "I will not disprespect girls".
    elenalee

Answer by elenalee at 5:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wear a bra for a week and snap it time after time... Kidding. I think if you sit down with him and talk about it like: if you snap a girls bra at school everyone will think that you are in love with that girl. Because this is the way how childish boys shows their love. And all the young girls know that... I think after a this kind of conversation he would never do that. Soooooooo embarassing 1. to talk to mummy about this., 2. being in love, 3. if all the girls knows...

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010