Do you think my cousin who works with "Prepaid legal was rude in saying this to me?

My cousin just started a home business with "Prepaid Legal".Keep in mind this is her 3rd attempt at a home based business.Anyway,she has been calling me wanting me to listen to conference calls and watch a presentation.I told her that I can't afford to start a business right now and I don't know anyone else in our family that can either.Times are hard.She got upset and told me that she thought it was sad that me and people I knew couldnt sacrifice to better our future.I think this was really rude of her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yea, that was definitely rude of her to say just because you didn't want to be involved with that. My ex tried to do the whle pre-paid legal thing, and it's a pyramid scheme.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I def think thats rude. I would let her know how you feel and move on. Just because she is involved in something doesnt mean you have to be.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes it was rude. At least she's not trying to get you into Amway!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yep, that's just a bunch of crap. Just because you don't want to get sucked into that useless scam crap doesn't mean she has the right to insult you for it. You're better off not sharing in her stupidity.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It was rude of her. My guess is that she's under a lot of pressure to get her business off the ground and lashed out at you. As an aside, "prepaid legal" is one of those things that is often a pyramid thing, and it doesn't give you much value for the money. She won't be doing this for long.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I dont think so at all, we almost homeless and used our last bit of money to get into prepaid legal, needles to say, the law has been on our side for everything, never felt more secure, it was a big sacrafice but way worth it, no little amount of money you have now will ever give you the seciruty you get with a pre-paid legal membership.

She is right, its sad what people wont do for their family. I have seen people including ourselves keep our homes after no work for hubby for almost a year, no one can say its a hard economy in our family, because we gave that little we had for a HUGE return. HARD HARD HARD, but worth it none theless.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It was a harsh comment. There is a book you can tell her about, "How to sell network marketing without fear, anxiety or losing you friends!"
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• IraquiVetWife... just because it worked for you, doesn't mean that it's something SHE'S interested in. Maybe she'd rather go to college and become a doctor. Maybe she'd rather start another business. Maybe she'd rather see if this person even earns her money back. That doesn't mean she isn't willing to sacrifice for her family. What that means...is that she doesn't want to do prepaid legal. I work from home and do decently well too...but do I think anyone is stupid or selfish for NOT getting into industry? No. Because not everyone would like it, do well at it, etc... So yes, rude of her for insinuating that you aren't not willing to do ANYTHING just because you are not interested in HER THING. But I also agree with a PP that she is probably desperate to get things going and has no ideas other than harassing friends and family.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You may want to tell her to reread the part about ettiquette in the business world.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Anyone I know who has tried to sell me on Prepaid Legal has been rude even the women on here like IraqiVetWife are rude constantly. She was pretty hateful to someone recently I remember thinking for someone who advertises what she does so often she is pretty much hateful. Must be the culture of Prepaid Legal.

Anonymous