Furious with my SO (vent)

So I was up until 2am last night finishing this assignment for my final and studying. I had to be at my class at 7am, had finals from 7-12:30, back to back. I now have an essay tonight. I got home at 1:30, because I walk to and from school because it's a good walk to clear my head, and he said he just woke up at 1:15pm.....1:15PM

WTF!!!, that means my son was asleep until 1:15PM...I'm pissed, I have another essay I am going to start typing at 3pm, it's 2:15p right now, and I am mad cause he has to go to work at 5p and since my son slept in so late I have to keep him awake so he doesn't nap and then stay up all night.

Grrr!!! and I specifically asked him to make sure he got up at a descent time so I can use the nap time to finish my essay.

I am thinking of making him go to a friends house so I can have some peace and quiet until he leaves to work, that way I can get my essay almost done, or ready for revision.

OMG, am I over reacting or was my request simple?

oh and the icing on the cake...he says it's my fault that they woke up late, because I was up studying late...Umm just because I am studying doesn't mean everyone needs to be awake. Hell, the only time I study is late at night or early in the morning at like 5am, so I can have quiet.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes it is okay to be angry and frustrated. I don't think you are wrong in asking them to go somewhere so you can get your paper done. If he has to be to work for 5:00 then I would ask him to take your son for the hour and a half so you can get your paper done.

I understand how hard it is because I finished school when my kids where little and it was not easy.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• How old is ds that he slept that late? lol DD wouldnt sleep that late even with a bottle of benedryl! hahaha I think hes lazy...like most men. Id be pissed too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If a friend is willing to watch him then go for it. You need to get this done. It will benefit you and ds in the long run!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think they are going to go on a walk to the store, which is down the street. If I can at least start the first page of my essay I will be happy because I can finish in crack of time when my son is playing.

He's 13mos, he sleeps as long as we sleep. So if daddy wakes up at noon, ds wakes up at noon. He usually sleeps 11-12hours a night
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sounds like he is being selfish. You are right to be upset, as getting your son up is not your responsibility alone. Maybe you need to talk to him about taking your schooling more seriously and lending a hand when he can.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why would it be a big question to look after a kid for an SO? That's why they are SOs and not the men from the corner shop. I would be pissed as well. IF he promised to look after your child than why he couldn't!!! He messes with a child who can't take care of himself and not messing with you... But my SO wouldn't do that. Or not for long... Mhaw:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Is SO the father?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I go to school Monday and Wednesday...He usually is great with him and gets him up, has a whole routine, this is not a likely occurance. at all, which is why he doesn't see why I'm mad
    and I'm like: Out of any day he could have chose to sleep in, why this day? ugggh
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yeah he's the dad

he's been getting lazier lately. Probably because I have been more relaxed, maybe I should go Type A on his ass again... LOL which is how I normally am, but I was annoying him with it so I tried to control it, but now I'm going back to being as orderly as I was...Get some order around this house. Next Semester I have to be to school at 6am T and Th and 7am MW so he needs to be self sufficient
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010