When breastfeeding, do you?

When breastfeeding, do you whip it out in public? I do, usually in the car. There again sometimes I will if I have to wait a long time. The blanket is a hassle but I do my very best to conceal myself. There have been a lot of times that the chairs have been so uncomfortable, that the blanket slides right off. Hey, there is an idea. Maybe, one of these days someone will put out a chair designed for breastfeeding moms that have to sit in a waiting area? What do you think? I come up with a lot of good ideas but don't act on them. Maybe, someone reading this can profit from it. LOL

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 5:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used to use a shaw or cardigan, because I could wear it with clothes as an accessory, and, use it to cover while BF in public. He's 13mos and still BFing but since he is older I carry around snacks/lunch/juice instead because he's getting to be too heavy to lift up to my breast.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I never worried about covering. But unless you had X-ray vision, you could never see a thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would cover myself in public, but I have NO PROBLEM with women who choose not to cover themselves. If the mama doesn't have an issue with it, no one else should. It is feeding a baby for goodness sake. I do agree that there needs to be more facilities to accommodate nursing mothers, and families in general. Not necessarily for privacy's sake but for convenience and comfort. Our society is so prudish and backward though; it is such a shame. More kids might be breastfed if our patriarchal society weren't so afraid of it! I think some people in their twisted minds are threatened by it.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yep. When I was breastfeeding I did all the time. I would try to cover up when in, say, a restaurant or food court or something. But I never bothered to cover up while nursing or pumping in the car, or while in one of the "Mothers lounge" areas. They are after all made for nursing mothers.
    At the local mall the nursing lounge is attached to the women's bathroom. There is a little play table in there for toddlers/kids whose moms need to nurse the baby. One day I was in there and this GUY comes walking in with his kids to set them there to play while one of his daughters was going potty. Like, EXCUSE ME! Women's bathroom! GTFO! Then once some old woman sent her grandkids, who looked to be 5 and 8, in there to play while she went pee. She came to get them, realized I was there, glared at me and hurried the kids out. What do you expect when the sign on the wall says "NURSING LOUNGE"?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Breastfeeding is a natural thing but cover it up!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• And if you cant hide it then pump..JMO
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I always tried to use a blanket - I didn't care but it does make some people uncomfortable. But after a while my son would pull the blanket off. You can't see anything anyway!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had a poncho I used when I was out in public. Didn't want to take the chance of a nip slip happening, and who knows if that weird guy sitting across from you in the waiting room is some sort of perv who will go home and think of you while he's self loving.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yep. If someone is so highly offended by a boob they should stay home and cancel their cable!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I really don't think it should matter if a mom wants to cover up or not. Honestly, with all the nudity and sex on tv nowadays, boobs are everywhere! But put a nursing infant near one and suddenly SOME idiots are offended. My message to them- don't look!
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2010