cashjunkie???

I have a major issue about this. I when times were good and I had unlimited resources I never made a big deal about money. Now that times are different and my resources a exteremly limited I still know not to worship money. I am much better with my money so that is a good thing. I understand the value of a buck and do what I have to do to earn income because I do like to have my rent and bills paid.

I have a friend that is obssed with it and it is all they can ever think about. Like they call them self...a "cashiejunkie" I know 2 years ago the person wasnt this way and nothing has changed to make that impact. I knw this person does not have any responsibilites (no kids, no rent, no car or car insurance, no healthcare cost, nothing like that) so they money they are chasing is just to go and buy clothes with and party with.

I can understand when a mother says she has to go out their and grind or an adult (rent and bills) says they are out making money but someone who still stays at home?! Don't pay for crap (may chip in but...).

Do you think it is good to be a cashjunkie? the person in late 20's

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 5:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Honestly, who cares about those people? Personally I try to make my life as miserableless as I can:P I don't have time for people who are time/money/feeling/etc. wasters. He will probably get more serious after some years. Maybe he needs 60 more:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• its not good, i have to be a stay at home wife cos of medical reasons if i could work i would cos its something i'd always done from when i turned 16
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• @adriene lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• right I can see if your at home if you have a serious medical condition, just had a baby and need help, or if your like in medical school/law school. And even then I know some pretty strong men and woman that have all three plus other issues and out on their own (I am one of those strong individuals). So yeah going back home and just chillin...not cool at 27 lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• And what exactly is a cashjunkie? Somoeone who wants cash for doing nothing?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• umm well no my cousin does work. it just seems to me that she is more concerned with money than other things in life. Like I love money but more concerned/into my college courses so I am just want enough to pay the bills and have affors nesscaties. I know the rest will come to me. But (in my opinion) she is soley focused on money.

I have read from millionaires that only focusing on money is like a dog chasing his tail. She can do her thing because she is entitled to her own life but I am like wow your 27 and still at home. If she was saying I am saving all this money to put down on my first house or apt ok I can get it but her next statement will I'm going to the club or gotta buy all these gifts...27 is to old to not understand the real world.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2010