when is she too old for a stroller?

we're expecting baby #2...dd #1's birthday is june 2, and baby #2 is expected to be here june 13 or earlier...so obviously dd#1 is 2 1/2 years old...i have a wierd feeling that when baby 2 gets here, dd will want to be riding in the stroller again..which i don't have a problem with, and at the rate she's been going, she still needs to be in a stroller anyway..she's wanting to be held, when we walk anywhere (which is a concern, especially now, bc we just moved to a huge city, and the mall here is beyond enormous, and we like to go walk around the mall alot when we want to be out of the house..sahm if you haven't caught on already LOL)..so anyway, dd will barely be 3 when baby 2 gets here, and i'm wondering how old is too old for the stroller? i know alot can change in 6 months, but i don't want to register for a single stroller, and be in a predicament the first time we go out (dh has already told me that his boss's wife wants to plan a baby shower)..what do you ladies think?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 5:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• when their feet drag on the ground

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Strollers have weight limits, which ppl clearly ignore, as long as she's in the weight limit and her feet arent dragging, she's good.
    They have tandum strollers, where the tot can sit or stand

check it out

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3382622
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i dd will be turning 2 when baby no 2 gets here in june, they do still need a stroller cos little children can get tired very quickly at that age im needing to buy another stroller
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My dd is two years old and she definitely still needs a stroller!! When her little legs get tired, I can't carry her for very long (she's 30 pounds!!). Plus, strollers some in handy when we're at the airport or the mall-places where there are tons of people.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 5:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Those sit and stand strollers are wonderful! I think they need a place to sit sometimes when they get tired or need a break....(or mom needs one) lol....

looke them up!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think a child enough old for a stroller when you can't put them in:P Joking. It is up to you. Here there are people carrying 4-year-old and older kids in a buggy. I personally think some walk can't hurt anyone who can do it. It depends on the child. If she can walk without being too tired you can get a single buggy. and there are many single buggies with siblings extentions. There are many different ways. Go to a buggy shop and ask the assitant to show the single buggies with sibling extention. So when your older one gets tired she can either stand on the buggy right in front of you and you can push it or she can sit on the other end of the buggy. It depends on how much she likes to jump off and run away. But to be honest a duble buggie is not a joke when the two children's weights are not the same. Believe me I tried it many ways.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• my nephew is almost 2.5 and he deffinatly still needs a stroller. If you don't put him in the stroller he is wanting to run everywhere then you are chacing after him. My youngest is almost 3 and we still put her in a stroller. She is the type that one minute she will be there the next you are like where did she go lol. But I also let her walk to sometimes. Well if we go to the mall or something like that I don't take a stroller anymore, but if we go to like the zoo or the fair something like that we take the stroller. My oldest however hated a stroller, but didn't like holing your hand either so we bought one of those back pack leash things and she loved that actually lol because she didn't have to be in a stroller and didn't have to hold your hand she was 18 months when she stopped the stroller although if we were going to the fair I new we would be all day I took it incase. CONTINUE
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• But now at 5 years old we don't take the stroller for her we take it for our 3 year old, but if the 3 year old wants to walk around my 5 year old will ask me if she can sit in the stroller and I let her and I will push her in it, but if and when I decide to put my 3 year old back into the stroller she has to get out and walk. I honestly don't see an age in it. I mean I see kids that look like they are about 8 years old in one. I personally think that is to old to take a stroller someplace for an 8 year old.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My first and second were 18 months apart, so I got a double jogging stroller. It was fantastic because even though my oldest COULD walk, she didn't have to and in situations like the zoo or the fair when it was more crowded, I didn't have to worry as much about her wandering away. It ended up being a life saver again when my third was born 20 months after my second. If you have a choice and they are close together siblings, I'd opt for the double.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 6:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010