Breastfeeding spinoff

If you breastfeed then why dont you pump before going out in public? Im talking planned events...NOT last minute. I personally dont think its offensive but just plain rude. What are your thoughts? Would you pee in the middle of a restaurant because its natural? lol

PS by planned events I mean anything aside from family functions

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think some mothers do pump or breastfeed before going out...some may not. But the child may get hungry again or the outing lasts longer than expected & the baby needs to nurse.

cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Because there is no shame in it. Why should a woman be ashamed to feed her baby?
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• OP how much milk do you get when YOU pump? I get 2oz. My DS needs a LOT more than that. Pumping is a pain in the ass too, A MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS. When I go out in public I BF, for it is EASY, and my son prefers it to a bottle. HE is who matters, not some one's narrow minded opinion. :) :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• wow
    rude to feed your baby??
    peeing and feeding analogy.....thats just....wow

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• That is a ridiculous analogy. Now if someone started spraying breast milk all over a restaurant ....well no, that still wouldn't be the same.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I breastfeed, and I don't like to breastfeed in public but that is because I don't want to get stared at by idiots who think it's 'rude' or 'gross'. I TRY to pump but, guess what sometimes I don't get ANYTHING out when I pump so, what am I suppose to do let her starve? Yeah, I think not. I try and time her feedings so that I don't have to feed her in public but, there are times when she gets hungry sooner than I though, and you are damn right I'm going to feed her. Your analogy to feeding in public and peeing in public is ridiculous! It's people like you, who make me feel weird about FEEDING my daughter in public, and I shouldn't have to feel that way. You should feel ashamed of yourself!

connorsmommy120

Answer by connorsmommy120 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am sorry you are ignorant. It must slow you down in your life.

Feeding your child is not even almost close to peeing in public. Again I say....ignorance.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No.

How in the hell do you equate feeding a child to public urination? Wow, you're a sick one.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Peeing is not the same as feeding a baby. Ridding yourself of your bodily waste on a restaurant floor is not the proper place for disposal of it. But a babies mouth IS the proper place for breast milk. Breastfeeding isn't dirty or smelly. Breasts are not solely sexual objects. A breast should not offend you when it is feeding a child. And pumping should be a choice. Not forced upon somebody. Pumping isn't natural, and it hurts. I have been pumping for 7th months and if I could have got my baby to latch on correctly in the beginning, this pump would not be a part of my life.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• "Why is there a diff? If you dont pee you die..if you dont eat you die "

Actually if you don't pee eventually it will just leak out everywhere....likewise, if a nursing mother goes too long without nursing, it will just leak out everywhere. LOL That's about the only thing that peeing and breastfeeding have in common. What's more embarrassing, nursing my baby in public, or having big wet spots on my shirt? What's more important, keeping idiots like you happy, or feeding a baby to keep the baby happy? Not hard answers.
    Your ignorance amazes me. Seriously. Wow.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010