At what age did your kids stop getting rashes?? adult content

My 4 year old, who is potty trained is getting rashes on her bottom. Is this normal??

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 5:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it dont seem normal but then it could be, if you are worried then i would speak to a doctor
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• my girls get themn sometimes on there bottom, but they have dry skin. They do also still get rashes down there sometimes (they are 5.5 and almost 3) that is because they don't tell me when they go potty and they don't seem to know how to wipe everytime lol. So I usually put cream on them when they get it, but I am starting to feel a little uncomfertable about doing it to my 5.5 year old since she thinks it tickles so I pretty much tell her now that if she learns to wipe she wouldn't have a rash. I know that sounds bad, but when you are trying to put cream on a child at 5.5 down there and they are laughing saying it tickles makes you a little uncomfertable lol. But on the bottom I would say dry skin?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Rashers aren't something that you can say will stop at a certain age. Even for children who are potty trained. A rash isn't only something that is an irritation caused by urine or a diaper, but it also can be an irritation caused by underwear and clothing. Sweat can help exaggerate the irritation as well just general sensitive skin. If you're concerened you should talk to her pediatrician. It could be an allergic reaction to the clothing, to the shampoo, to the soap, to just about anything as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Could be simple as dry skin, common on the tush in the winter, or she may have a little yeastie...take her in to be sure. Is she itching "down there"?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010