Taking Care of Kids?

Why does it always seem like taken care of the kids falls solely on Mom and when he does it it's like he wants a bonus or something? rrrrrrrr...

whitetina485

Asked by whitetina485 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• He? ...Everything isn't soley on me in my house. Hope things work out for you.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sorry, I have no experience in dealing with that. It does fall solely on me now, but when my husband was alive we shared these responsibilities. After all, having a child was a joint decision - therefore, the responsibilities that come with it were all handled as joint responsibilities.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Generally speaking parenting is first nature to mom's. Even if it is still a learning process to us, we tend to fall into the role a lot easier then males do. It goes back to the "Men are gatherers, Women are homemakers". We have a softer nature, a more nuruting and caring nature, so we tend to welcome that role a little easier then men do. I think that men tend to take it as a basketball match between them and parenting. When they win the game, even if it's something as wiping up spitup, they want that trophey at the end. It boosts their ego and helps them feel like they've done a good job in what they were asked to do. Men are silly about things that are asked of them, and almost act as though they're doing you a favor by doing their job. It can be quite frustrating, but honestly just bite your tongue and say "Good job, thanks". It'll be a lot easier then fighting him on everything you think he doesn't deserve.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Seems like he is a sexist pig to me.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• welcome to motherhood
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2010