how to make a gingerbread house from scratch with kids?

bought a wilton kit and it was the biggest waste of money. my 10 yo was getting so stressed over it. i am looking to try to make it form scratch maybe using graham crackers instead? i swear i made it with a friend along time ago like that. easy and fun is what i am hoping someone can fill me in how to do.

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• From scratch? You'd be baking the gingerbread. I've done it, but it's a lot of work and is very time consuming.
    I've used the Wilton kits and had no problem with them, they're quite easy although it does take being still and patient holding the walls while they firmly set.
    We did the graham cracker kind a few years ago. Some people often build the house around an empty box in order to make setting the structure of the house easier. Not much different than using the Wilton kits actually, you still have to have patience while the walls set.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010