Family Dollar stores

Anyone else ever notice the strange smell all their stores have? There are some of them that have such a strong smell, it gives me a migrain. I have been to several of them in my state and in other states and they all have that strange smell. Anyone know what it is?

BrandyBaby22

Asked by BrandyBaby22 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• I never noticed any smell in ours
    bubs57

Answer by bubs57 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I have I always wondered if it was that they are mostly run by the foreigner people now don't go bashing me for that it's just what i think I am not sure at all what it is.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Maybe what you are smelling is whatever they use to clean the floors & fixtures? I've never noticed, but I don't frequent our Familly Dollar much, as it is a dump.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wow.. I will have to take offense at that comment Moms_Angels, even though I am not a foreigner, I still think that is offensive to say! I am sure what you are smelling is some kind of chemical that is used during cleaning in their stores. Family Dollar is actually a great store to shop at for extreme values. If you want to decorate on a budget, you simply can't go wrong there!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Oh I love the dollar stores I just was making the suggestion that alot are run by people not of the United States. I have been in some that smell fine while others smell so bad I can't shop there it wasn't meant to offend anyone.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Maybe it's because people spray/test out all the cheap perfume and they're overwhelmingly gross.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No, I have noticed a certain fragrance, unless I was on the aisle where there was something scented on it, that the store had on its shelves. If, I do notice a smell, I probably would check my arm pit smell! LOL

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• it is the cleaning solution they use on the floor - commercial grade
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Moms.Angels...what the heck does Foreign people have to do with smells?

Op, Never noticed it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I've never noticed any smell at any of the Family Dollar stores in my area. Now, whenever I go to one I'm going to be sniffing the air to see if i smell anything weird. LOL
    thtqrljess07

Answer by thtqrljess07 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010