best way to potty train a 3 yo boy?

i have him 45 hours a week and his parents are not helping much. i take him even if he says no and usually he goes. i havent trained a boy in a long time - my boys are 10 and 11. my dd is 6 and she was easy peasy. help any tricks or ideas would be appreciated

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son was very hard to potty train. But last year at the age 3 we were successful! I quit trying to get him to go potty when I thought he could go and I quit scolding him when he didnt use the potty and used his pull up. I did away with pull ups all together like my mother said and started putting cotton underwear on during the day, this was to make him feel like a "big boy". And it worked...he had a few accidents during the day made him sit in it for 5 mins n asked him if he liked being wet and he indeed did not so he just started to go. its not very successful when the other parties arent helping. i wish you all the luck :)
    ohiomom02

Answer by ohiomom02 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010