My son is very clingy to me

My 4 year old son is very clingy to me. He cries when I walk outside. If I walk out of the room he is in even for a split second he follows me. My boyfriend is very good to him and plays with him a lot. I am always home. I am a stay at home mother. I don't understand this behavior any advice would be appreciated.

ohiomom02

Asked by ohiomom02 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him to a daycare for some mornings or 2-3 days a week. HE needs to socialize with other children. He will go to school soon.
    2. Does his behaviour changed recently? Maybe something happened and he is afraid of it. Try to talk to him what's happened and what is going on.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• To some extent its just part of being a boy. It may be a phase but adrienn had a very good ques... is it a new thing or is it just becoming more diff.?
    Diff. kids have diff temperaments some are indep and some are clingy. How does he do around other kids?
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My daughter acts the same way and her dad is the stay at home dad but as soon as she sees me she runs to my leg and holds on i cant use the bathroom without her . . i dnt see it as a negative but maybe he just rather be around u than anyone else. :)
    worriedcuzin56

Answer by worriedcuzin56 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Adrienn he goes to preschool Mon-Thurs from 9am-2pm so don't think its a socializing thing. He does great around other children. No he has been this way since he was born. No new behavior just thought it was strange how he just wants to be around me all over me non stop all day. I love him to death but I sometimes just need my space 2. I know all children are different and I have nephews around my son's age and they are totally the opposite I mean they want their mommy time but they also love to play and do other stuff rather than just to sit on mommy all day... Thanks for all the comments :)
    ohiomom02

Comment by ohiomom02 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2010