To chance or not to?

This is a question that is disturbing for me to ask, but I am going to anyways. Do I take the chance of asking that my five year old, pass the pat down at the airport? To chance it or not, wonder what I am going to have to face when going through security at the airport? I am not looking forward to the visit. I use to enjoy going to the airport.

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 6:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Travel

• they will only pat him down if you refuse to go through the scanner- no big deal!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would allow it as long as me or his father was with him and could see EVERYTHING! We are flying and I'm a tad anxious as well.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Ya know, I wouldn't give traveling a second thought if that's what you want to do. Airport security issues are always going to be just that, issues.. why let it ruin your traveling? What will be, will be. You can't stop that. Might as well go with the flow and enjoy yourself. Don't stress about something you can't control.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Don't take a chance asking them not to pat him. If you do say not to they might think you're trying to hide something on him to get it through security. So if that's the case they might end up doing it anyways.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wouldnt worry about it. Its safety precautions and I wouldnt think twice. Just be there to make sure that all is well...which i know you will be! Have fun and have a safe trip!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Just do what they want. My husband travels constantly for work. He hasn't even mentioned anything about security, which makes me think it's really not that bad.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yes as long as someone is with him
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If I knew that my child would HAVE to go through the pat down at the airport, I wouldn't even purchase the ticket. This is a big reason why, as much as I want to see my bonus son, I don't want him to go through that (he's 11 years old). He'd be an unaccompanied minor (and his mother wouldn't want to fly out with him since it would be our time with him; we're in different time zones).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2010