Amazon.com screwed up my Christmas!

I'm sure you'll figure out a million ways to bash me about this issue so go ahead! Apparently I'm stupid enough to think Amazon would put items in nondescript boxes, like I dunno, maybe BROWN AMAZON BOXES like they use every other time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this brilliant plan that Santa would bring my two younger boys matching Big Wheels. They would be put together and standing proudly under the tree when the kids woke on Christmas morning.

I pull up in the drive way from picking up my two little ones from school, and see nothing amiss. I let my kids run up the drive and around the curve of the pathway while I get my purse out of the car. As I approach the blind curve of the walk way I see my babies staring at two large boxes sitting on the porch containing Santa's gift of Big Wheels! I am furious.

I'm sure I screwed up somehow and should have stated that they should be in a BROWN box but I failed!!!!!!!!!!!! What a moron.

This has to be a question so...any Christmas horrors for you yet? Amazon horror stories? Surprises ruined? How much you hate Christmas & Santa and think this is a stupid question? Sound off!

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 6:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• I know how you feel, you had it all planned and they ruined it! I am so sorry......

Answer by older at 6:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It ruined my birthday surprise, but in all fairness, it did say that it would ship in the manufacturers box.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had that happen too with my son's Big Wheel! They did that with his artist's easel too,but he was too little to notice the box,he was 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Oh no! That sucks! I haven't really had any mishaps YET.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• As an aside, the kiddos will still be excited on Christmas to see them under the tree.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 6:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The only thing I hate about Christmas and Santa is that BM thinks that as long as my kids believe in Santa then her kids should too, and because she has primary placement we can't put my steps on the application for help, which means either we let our bills go so that the steps can have a Christmas present to open under our tree or they don't get a present and she uses that as "proof" that we care more about our kids than hers.
    And it's not just any old presents that has to do, if they don't have a minimum of 5 presents under the tree to open, costing at least $5 a piece, then we just didn't put any effort into the gifts at all and therefore, don't love her kids as much as she does. Sometimes I just want to tell her "I'm sorry you can afford Christmas for your children and we can't but little Suzie and Johnny don't live with us all the time and having a place to live is more important than your wants."
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Next time, try overstock.com - they do ship in plain brown boxes because they rebox the original items.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• almost all big gifts come like that:( That really really sucks! WHen packages are coming I actually make the kids wait in the car just in case something is showing. That sucks...if they are young they may not remeber or I would even tell them thats a gift a friend had shipped for their kids!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• That sucks, I'm really sorry that happened.
    I guess the worse thing going on for me is that I decided to purchase a Wii gaming system for my 2 daughters (and me and DH too, lol). I already bought it, along with some games, extra controller, etc and now, all the girls can talk about is how they each want a DS for Christmas. I considered taking all the Wii stuff back, but eventually concluded that I'm going to keep it and they'll love it. It's something we'll all be able to play together. If they're still pining for a DS after that, they can get them for their birthdays in the spring. I hope I'm making the right call and that they'll be happy with the Wii.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I went Christmas Shopping last Saturday while my MIL watched my son. I thought I had taken everything out of the car but I left his hockey sticks in the back. Of course my son found it. I just told him that Santa had dropped them off to make sure that these were the ones that he wanted and that I have to give them back so Santa can deliver them on Christmas. He bought it so far.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010