What age do you?

My twins are 7 and everyone tells me im overprotective of them and make them stay were i can see them. What age do you let your kids branch out and play out of sight. Not sure what the appropriate age for that is thank you

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• thats not over protecting that age they need it,not safe anymore
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• 7 is still pretty young, but to me the age is according to the maturity level, I would say after 10 or pre teens.

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• 12 to 14

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• depends on the situation. If Im at a park my kids are always with in sight. If Im at home they can play out side with out me there... 7 or so yrs of age depending on who they are with and what they are playing. I dont think parenting is so black and white that there are blanket answers to questions like that.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• depends.... where you are, where you live, your kids maturity level etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have they ever watched an episode of Nancy Grace? These days you can NEVER be too careful. Kids go missing on a daily basis.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2010