Any teachers out there? (needing gift help)

I am pretty practical... coffee shop gift card is AWESOME or impersonal?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• Coffee shop gift card is good or a movie gift card is good too.

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm in a very small town and it's a very small private Christian school. The movie theater is LITERALLY the only thing in town to do, seriously. I was strongly considering a movie theater gift card and my husband mentioned his teacher is possibly so religious she doesn't do secular type movies.... ugh. I think I am over thinking the whole thing, lol
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think practical is WONDERFUL. I have many teachers in the family and can honestly tell you that the lotions, candles, mugs, etc end up in the garage sales, donation bags, or trash. A gift is a gift and YES it is the thought matters... but how many trinkets can one home hold?????

Gift cards are a GREAT gifts!!!  If you want to make it personal then have the student write a note to go with it.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i'm an infant teacher, if you wanna call it a teacher lol. but i used to work with 2's and 3's. now i have a 2 and 3yr old...i used to love the cards with the wallet pictures of the kids in them, i still have all the pictures of my kids from years ago. granted, in a box somewhere, but sometimes i like to reminisce. but for my kids' teacher this year, i don't remember what it's called, but i'm gonna get some mason jars, put a mix of hot cocoa powder in there, tie some ribbon on the lid, with a small card. if we ever get christmas pictures done in time, i may add a picture. you can get the already made mix at the store and put it in there, or find a recipe online for a special kind of hot cocoa.

armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• oh yes... food gifts if you know them well enough are good gifts too!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• AWESOME! Our local coffee shop is also a book store, I loved gift cards to that place!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010