What the grossest thing you've seen at a thrift store/second hand shop?

For me it was a lacy teddy with a blood stain in the crotch area. Seriously effin disgusting. My mom told the sales clerk that they should take it down and why are they trying to sell something like that and the lady got all attitude-ish about it.

Now tell me yours

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 6:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Shopping

• I had to do community service at a store (not going to tell the name of the store, sorry ladies). Anyhow, my job was to hang up clothes and unknowing touched all kinds of dried fluids!!! I didn't think about it until I ask a woman that worked their what it was, she looked at it and said "you probably don't want to know." It was on the crotch pant of a pair of men's pants!!!!!!! FYI, please wash clothes before going to donate them, especially if you know that they have been worn recently. I am sure a lot of people would appreciate it! Haaaaaaa! Haaaaaaa!  Hope you get loads of laughs!!!!

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes, used panties. i would just go without first.

arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Ewwww ladies! Guess our thrift stores are really good here...lol. Ours are all washed and checked before being put out. The worst I've seen are clothes that have holes in them, and thought that was bad!
    NanaR46

Answer by NanaR46 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• leopard printed thongs
    carmen4826

Answer by carmen4826 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I didn't check out the crotch but it was a used thong.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• dirty baby clothing with food still stuck to it, i mean really come on. and used panties thats nasty.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I bet there are perv's out there who stock up on those. Used panties! Score!
    Nanixh

Comment by Nanixh (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• OMG girl, there was this guy the other day standing over by the boxes of socks... he was sniffing them. No joke! Ugh. I told the lady about it. The grossest thing was I picked up a swimming suit, just happened to check the crotch and it was crusty... I also found a spider living in a pair of pants at the Goodwill. Always, ALWAYS wash everything you buy. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fanatic, about that kind of stuff, but I do believe in washing, and I will never buy underwear, pajamas, or swimming suits...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I remember seeing used underwear but our goodwill has gotten strict and wont allow those donations anymore. they still sell used bathing suits and I would never buy those. gross!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Nothing gross but some really FUGLY clothes!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010