Ahhh the heartburn!! How did you relieve your pregnancy heartburn? What worked the best?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lots and lots of tums, milk, and maalox :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• try a shotglass size of vinegar.

honest to god it works almost instantly. doent taste that good, but it works and in my opinion is much better than dealing with nasty heartburn :)

good luck.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I lived on tums and whole milk.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 4:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• TUMS ARE THE BEST, PLUS MALTED MILK SHAKES.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Why whole milk??
    Anonymous

• TUM, TUM , TUM, TUM TUMS!! LOL I loved them..carryed them everywhere different flavors too! Oh and lots and lots of water. Dont know of anything else hun, thats what helped me!

Too funny, with my first i was told the heartburn was cause the baby was really hairy. lol
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 4:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• omg! thats funny! Really hairy was he! lol!
    Anonymous

• Tums are crap.... go with Zantac 75; otherwise you will be living off of tums all day everyday. The reason they eventually do not work is because of the reason behind the heartburn. Heartburn and acid reflux n pregnancy is due to the flap in the back of your throat becoming relaxed and not shutting properly... zantac 75 if taken prior to a meal will make the acid not even produce and come up in your throat. I honestly only had to take it once a day and that was that. I would cry mine hurt so bad, and try to collect myself without going insane whenever it popped up. The doctor flat out said, no tums, they don't do what you need them to do, which is prevent the acid coming up altogether. Tums just make it feel better for a lil while and then guess what? you are chewing more...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 4:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I love the assorted berry flavored Tums...they worked well for me.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 4:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I"d have to agree with the majority. Tums, Tums and more Tums!
    AngieD003

Answer by AngieD003 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2008