Need some opinions about a teacher's gift.

Part of the teacher's gift is going to be an ornament that says Mrs. J_______ and Ms. R______'s Kindergarten class 2010-2011. And then it will have all the kid's names on it. My question is, for the children's names, should I just do first name or should I do first name and last initial? None of the children have the same name.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• First names only, that's what the teachers call them and like you said, none of the children have the same name!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First name and last inital
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 6:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think first names only if none have the same name.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First name and initial, so they can remember them easily.

Answer by older at 6:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think Id go with first name only, last initial really doesnt matter if no one has the same first name, boy did you luck out!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First only would be fine.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would just do the first name
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First names - and ornaments is a great idea
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• just last names, there's no point going out since none of the kids have the same names and each teacher will remember each child without the last names.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Is it a public school or Christian based school and are both teacher's christian?

I think it is a bad idea. A non-religiousholiday gift is in better taste.  I have seen some VERY cute ideas.  Have each child put a thumb print on a serving platter and decorate.  Or I have seen each kid make a very cute shrinky dink, put holes prior to baking, then decorate a tin bucket with them.  It is GREAT for putting drinks and ice into for a party.  There are many other choice that I think would be more appropriate.

Anonymous