SAHM's, do you participate in play groups or library story time with your children?

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• when child #1 was at the sitting and crawling stage (like 7-10mos) I gave it a try for awhile but the official structured play groups were too intense for me. When I whipped out a bottle and the whispers started it was more drama than I could handle in person. Online I am strong, lol, in person not so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yes I did with all 3
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yep. I think playgroups are awesome to be a part of as long as other moms don't cause drama.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We took both of our girls to the library for story hour each week and let them do the summer reading program. We never did play groups, but we did spend a lot of nice afternoons at the park.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Nope. Other than the small local playgroup I started online and hosted every week for awhile in 2003 I've never been involved in anything. I don't get along with other women very well, especially in person. I did meet one of my best friends through my playgroup (she happened to live a couple blocks away from me and we met online).
    Now that my kids are older I don't need that stuff. My kids make their own friends at school and around the neighborhood and I don't set up "playdates". They just go knock on doors until they find someone that can play.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Before I was on bedrest with this pregnancy, I took my 2 year old to storytime every week. I also started a local moms group 2 years ago and we had at least one playdate a week, so we'd get out at least twice a week, it was good for him:-)
    twny

Answer by twny at 7:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We try to go to the library for story time, wish we could make it more often..
    playgroups ive never done them. Im too shy & have a bit of anxiety.. but i do have a bff that has twins we have playdates with them. trips to the park & do alot of other things with dd.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My DD is 3 and we used to do playgroups all the time...but over the past year and a half alot of the moms branched off into their own little groups..so we now have playdates with certain children. We hardly ever make storytime at the library..although we normally visit 2x a week.
    oneofeach26

Answer by oneofeach26 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We tried story time, no go. We tried play groups, lets just say I already graduted high school LOL
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2010