HI EVERYONE I HAD A QUESTION ABOUT DIVORCE? WHERE ANY OF YOU HOUSEWIVES AND YOUR HUSBAND MADE THE MONEY HOW DID YOU HAVE MONEY TO GET A DIVORCE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• get a job?
    Anonymous

• What do you mean get a job? Sure you can get a job but that doesnt get you the money you need right now. I dont know. Wish I had an answer for ya but I've wondered how I would manage it myself.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes you can get the legal fees paid for by the husband as part of the alimony or settlement.

Call an attorney or legal aid. It's not a dumb question and should be asked.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sometimes you can have the court fees waved. When i was 17 i had my son and married his father stupid thing by the time i was 19 i was wanting a divorce due to abuse. I didnt work i stayed home with our son. In the end you have to get a job though cuz now you have babies to support. They waved the court cost for me but i still had to work.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• As far as the alimony, it depends on what state she's in. Texas doesn't have alimony, and I'm sure other states are that way as well. OP, do some research. There are options available about anywhere. I had to research for about a year, and a friend (whom I married) ended up getting me out of my abusive marriage.

Good luck!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I went to Legal Aid. It didn't cost me anything

Answer by admckenzie at 6:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I used to work for Legal Aid. They have divorce workshops and attorneys who will write everything up free of charge. In some states, you won't even have to pay filing fees.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 6:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It depends on how long your were Married? Have you been SAHM for long? It would have to be years? Are you capable of getting a job? Learned this from working at a law-firm but I would say u need to call legal aid--it all depends on the length of your M, your assets and your ability to work.
    lyon

Answer by lyon at 8:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• go to the court house,i did it pro se and filled out a legal aid form it cost me 0..i also was a housewife
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008