At what age...

Do you switch from a crib to a toddler bed? My son's crib is the 3-in-1 and he is 18 months old? Is that still to early? When did you make the switch and how'd it go?
THanks ladies... first time mom here lol

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did it around 18 months for both of my kids.
    Mommyof2boyz113

Answer by Mommyof2boyz113 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's time when you and your baby are ready. If your son is climbing out of the crib, or trying to, then it's time to switch. If he doesn't want to sleep in the crib any more, then it's time to switch. Other than that, it's pretty much whatever you all are comfortable with.

My first stayed in his crib until 2.5 years. He was content, never protested or so much as tried to climb out, so we left him. Then one night at 2.5 years, he decided he didn't want to sleep in the crib anymore, at which point he started sleeping in his big bed, and we've never looked back. My second is 20 months and sleeps with us at least half the night, and is in her baby bed right next to our bed before that. I'm not ready to switch her yet because I get more sleep with her in my room.

You're decision. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We still havent switched and DS is 28 months. He likes his crib, and has never tried to get out. Whenever you are both ready.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We switched my DS at 15 months.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My twins were almost 2 when they started sleeping in toddler beds, but my youngest was climbing in and out of the crib at 15 months, so he had to be switched to a toddler bed. There is no right or wrong age, just when it is appropriate and comfortable for you and your child.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• both my kids were out their cots and in a toddler bed at 1 year old...my children were walkin/crawling by then so felt they were too old for a baby cot...toddler beds have little bars at the side to prevent them falling out..the difference in their development changed as soon as i put them in their beds,they were happier,less grouchy and clearly needing the change x
    glasgowmummy

Answer by glasgowmummy at 11:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• At 1 to 1 1/2, she was already walking at 1 and thought she was ready. Worked out pretty good, stayed in her bed
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 7:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I switched my daughter to a toddler bed at 11 1/2 months because she kept climbing out of her crib. It's worked out very well. She never tries to get back out when I put her to bed, but in the morning, she can get up and play with her toys.
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 2:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2010