deadbeat

Ok my oldest son dad jus told me that he can't buy are son nothin 4 christmas, but he jus got his daughter a ds system what am I to do

keona101

Asked by keona101 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nothing, let his father deal with it. It is NOT your problem. My son's father has never bought him a Christmas present in 14 years and I have never done anything to remedy that...not my job.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I can't remember the last time my son's father has given him anything but empty promises. It's hard and depending on your son's age, he might not understand. It's hard to say to a child "I'm sorry your father is a complete moron". My 8yo and I have already had to have the talk about how his father's bad choices have led him down a path that we'd prefer to avoid. All you can do is be there to listen. Let your son be angry and hurt, but be there every moment of it next to him letting him know that he can depend on you and you won't ever let him down. Best of luck to you and your son.
    PhantomsFairie

Answer by PhantomsFairie at 7:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• SAY nothing. Just do your thing with ds. If he doesn't bring it up.... you don't bring it up. Have him call dad for xmas as usual, keep a smile on your face, ENJOY your day with your son and do YOUR thing.

Been there... and that's the way I pretty much deal with it. I know that in the end they know who was there for them and who wasn't BUT I NEVER say anything neg. about the POS father and the st@#id a$$ choices he makes and how much of an immature, shiftless, selffish
    fu#(er he is.
    KWIM
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Raise and be responsible for your child. Pretend you sons father doesn't exist. I got a divorce after 15 yrs. He lost his job and I never once got child support. I have raised my children not depending on others. Don't ever count on him to be there for you or your son. Just move on with your life.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2010