Does any one have this problem?

I make so much food I could feed the neighborhood. I made chili tonight and I swear there is 20 cups of it. I make soup the same way.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we do, but on purpose. no reason a cup of chili can't be a snack or a quick breakfast :) my DH made stroganoff earlier in the week w/ 4 pounds of meat and 2 enormous packs of mushrooms (we're a family of 4!)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• its ok my mom does that..leftovers :)
    babymamma123

Answer by babymamma123 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• freeze the leftovers for another night! Or halve your recipe next time you make it..
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The beauty with making too much chili is it gets better with being in the fridge for a couple of days. I usually make too much as well, but it usually gets eaten for a lunch, or snack or incorporated in to another meal when I do.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't consider that a problem, I consider that smart - 2 meals in the cooking time of 1. I do it all the time.
    Anonymous

• Some things you can freeze and pull out as needed. This is great when you need dinner in a hurry. When I make spaghetti sauce, I make a lot of it and I freeze it in containers and pull it out as I need it. I just fix a salad on the side.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• sometimes I do this but I like to freeze it for later
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with the other moms."Planned leftovers" can be a life-saver.Usually I'll make a big batch of something,say,stew.We'll have it the first night and then I divide what is left in half.Half of it is frozen for a future dinner and half goes in the fridge.If the half in the fridge is still mostly there after 2 days or so then it's that night's meal.So we've gotten 3 dinners and probably a lunch or a snack out of one days' work.It really pays off if you've managed to hit a sale on the ingredients.In fact,tonight's dinner is exactly that:half of a batch of stew I made and froze 2 weeks ago.I'll be busy today and it's frigid outside so this meal being done for me is a life-saver.
    daye62

Answer by daye62 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010