Do you agree?

i was talking to one of my friends today and she was telling me how she doesn't let her daughter listen to or watch anything that to deal with Miley Cyrus because of the music videos she has released along with latest scandals and she doesn't like how she dresses or acts. She was telling me she doesn't think Miley Cyrus is a good roll model for young girls anymore. So do you agree? do you let your children watch her show or listen to her music?

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Miley is no longer a child.....

Answer by older at 7:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If they want to watch or listen they can as Miley Cyrus isn't raising my children, my hubby and I are. I am a firm believer that NO entertainer should ever be considered a role model, period.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• my kids still listen to the music ... at least the OLD music. However I no longer have the option of taking them to her concerts. She is adult now, for sure. lingerie, language, dirty dancing.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• it is her choice and Im guessing her child is very young.

my daughters are almost 16 (she sees worse at school) and 9.5.... my 9.5 is a bright little girl and can understand the difference between a tv show character, music she likes, and a real life person who makes choices for their own life.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We don't censor our kids music or TV. They pretty much watch whatever they want and listen to what me and my husband listen to (which is not Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus...more like AC/DC and Metallica and Pink). My 10yo was walking around the house singing "Baby Got Back" today. I just cracked up laughing (no idea where she learned it from...that's a song from my own youth).
    Hannah Montana is mild compared to some stuff they watch. They're watching Family Guy right now. Shrug. I'd rather watch that with them than almost any kid show.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I let them listen to whatever they want as long as theres not a lot of profanity.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ok now i kinda c where your homegrl is coming from but i mean come on now.parents have the right to decide what there kids see or listen to.But miley cyrus is growing up and as a teenager shes gnna change.Right now her ways are of being a teenager,maybe not the best ways that shes doing it but its only normal ya knw.Me personally wouldnt let a small child or a preteen view some of her stuff.but theres gnna come a day when ur friends daughter or any body eles daughter for that matter is gnna c or hear stuff they shouldnt.U cnt babysit ur kids all the time.I mean come on now its every whr.
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think Miley Cyrus is just a big sell out. Her Dad was way better when I was a kiddo.
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• She has the look but the voice sounds kinda like a strong drawl, but it sold a lot of music. Her father was so talented back in the day. Her mom has a lot of baggage and honestly I do not think she is all that . She looks like a groupie that is all.Miley is not a good role model but at 18 she is moving on and really fast too......
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010