How did you get the hair style you have?

I need a new one and I have no idea how to get it.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Haha, seriously, one day I was looking at different hairstyles on google images, and I told my husband 'I'm going to chop all my hair off and get a faux hawk'. He thought I was joking, told me I'm too vain to do such a thing. I went out the next day and had all my hair chopped off =P I just wanted it, something new ya know. Had long hair all my life and wanted to see what it would be like to have short hair for once. I love it! Personally not a style for everyone, but for me it works.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Oh - And I'm sure people think I'm a lesbian now too hehehe!
    Nanixh

• if not from birth, at least from childhood. LOL ...... I literally look the same at when I was 10. Boobs, weight, glasses, hair, nothing hair changed.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I go to a good hair dresser that I trust (it usually costs a little more $$) and I say " I have NO idea what to do with my hair and I want a change..help me!"
    They can suggest styles and cuts that works with your lifestyle/time.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was born with it lol..my hair is naturally curly, like in spirals. When I get out of the shower,i put mousse in it and a bit of shine serum and let it dry on it's own, I love it!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 8:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• After a few bad cuts I just quit getting it cut and wear it in a bun or pony or flat iron straight. It could use a good trim but I don't know who to trust
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I hacked off over half my hair because it was so damaged from color processing - now it is shoulder length and I need to cut off more but it is too cold right now.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's grown out from cutting it short to donate... Just cut some bangs cuz I needed a change, but the rest is just grown out.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would take a photo of the hairstyle on someone. The one woman I asked, a total stranger, was flattered. The hairstylist copied it. I shoud have asked for her stylist's name and salon.
    I found that using magazines does not work for me. Also, just telling my stylist made me almost cry.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 6:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Ask your stylist for some suggestion, I always look thru magazines and take parts of different pics.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 1:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2010