I am still kinda erie about this hole baby formula thing i made up my mind between

Similac or Nestle Good Start

but i saw on a post that that Good Start kills babys!?
I really not sure what to pick now =(
Can anyone help me which to pick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i use simulac soy and ne simulac is awesome!! soy doesnt giv ne tummy aches and helps gas
    ChablisP

Answer by ChablisP at 4:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I used Enfamil for both my kiddos. They're still alive and well. :)
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 4:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• What you've probably seen is about the long-standing boycott of Nestle products, including Good Start, because of marketing practices in the 3rd World which got moms hooked onto formula that they really couldn't afford.

If you're set on formula, the "best" is the one your baby will take. They're pretty much of a muchness.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• To tell you the truth, they are all the same. You can even use generic formula and get the same quality and ingredients as brand name formulas. The U.S. has restrictions. And companies are very cautious with baby food items because of the potential for lawsuits (basically the industry self regulates).

The exception is soy formula, which should only be used if your baby is lactose intolerant. The protiens in soy do not absorb as well as in a milk based formula.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I never bought good start specifically bc of their evil marketing practices in 3rd world countries. it isn't much, but anything I can do to protest that sort of abuse is something.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my son drinks enfamil gentlelease and its really good for his lil tummy
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think Enfamil is nice... 2nd choice would be Good Start... I don't care for similac
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Have you had your baby yet? Why not breastfeed? If you do choose formula use a milk based one. Like the other person said, they all have to be made to the same standard, so you can use a generic brand. You are really only paying for the name on the others. Only use soy formula if baby won't tolerate the milk based.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• What?! Goodstart kills babies? Can someone fill me in please?
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i prefer Enfamil
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 7, 2008