If you were/are a teen mom

How much education did you have when you first had your LO?
How much money did you bring in a month?
Did the father stick around?

What about Now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was a teen mom - found out I was pregnant at 15 and had our first daughter at 16. I finished high school, but did not go to college right away (I let my mother in law convince me that all goodwives and moms put their families before themselves - she is convinced I was selfish for finishing high school). Yes, the father is still around, he's my husband (we've been together for 18 years, married for 16). I didn't bring in money, he has supported us right from the start.  Now I am not really working, I do some side web design stuff, but hubby is our sole provider.  I take care of the home and the kids and home-school our girls.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• if i was a teen mom and i was with the guy im with now then yes he would stick around, i do like that show teen mom its sad when they get into problems
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I was a teen mom. The father and I were actually married for 16 years. When we had our oldest daughter, he was just finishing high school. He went on to get an Associate's Degree and I have several degrees. We divorced ten years ago. We started off bad, had some good times, but overall, it just couldn't work out. We both grew up and decided we wanted totally different things in our lives.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am a teen mom,when I found out I was pregnant I was in my junior year of HS.
    I worked my butt off and graduated a year early when my son was two months old.
    Currently I'm bringing in no money,I'm a stay at home mom.
    I'm marrying my son's father in February (:
    trentonsmom2010

Answer by trentonsmom2010 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had a high school diploma (2 weeks before I found out I was prego). Father broke up with me a few months after I found out but we are married now. Its been 5 years. He had a job making 300 or so a week at the time and I had nothing. I started college while I was pregnant with my first. I had her at 18 and my second at 19.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not me. But my very good friend and my god daughters Mom had baby #1 on her 17th bday and baby #2 three days before her 18th birthday.

At the time she was working on her GED. That was 3 1/2 years ago and she's still working on her GED.
    She bounces from couch to couch, relative to relative and gets a TEENY bit of child support. She relies on family/friends and is constantly saving for a deposit on a nice apartment. I've offered her my spare room and bathroom but she doesn't want to stress our friendship. The jobs she is qualified to do are barely in the $10 hr range and childcare is that or more. She's STUCK. i wish she'd waited. It's even hard when you're married, older, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wasn't but one of my best friends was. She had her daughter a few weeks after graduating high school (she was 17 at the time). She took a semester off to take care of the baby who was a couple months early and then went to college in the spring. She babysat during the day for family members for cash and went to school at night (so she was a SAHM) and lived with her parents. She kicked the dad to the curb when the baby was a few months old because he wanted nothing to do with the baby but said he was in love with her (he never once asked how the baby was even after she was born 10 weeks early...he wasn't there when she was born).
    She's now 29, her daughter is 11. My friend is a college graduate and teaches English at a high school for troubled teens and is pursuing her Masters. She still lives with her parents (which she would have done even if she didn't have a kid) but is in a serious relationship now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010