Have you ever iced skated?

I think ice skating is pretty fun as long as you keep your skates on the ice. My first exposure to ice skating was as a child when my mom took me to the nearby park which has a big pond that froze over in the winter and was good for ice skating. Come to think of it my daughter probably would like ice skating.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes,but its hard on my ankles
    I prefer roller skating

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• not really....My middle child when she was 4 had a field trip to ice skate so I got a taste at it and I SUCK! LOL I also have some problems with my feet so it killed my poor feet. I was so ready to be done but we did jave fun.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• 1x at age 7. I am now 29. Even then I had enormous feet and the skates hurt, pinched, etc. I wear a women s 11 shoe now and am a total clutz. My kids have skated once and loved it and are dying to go again
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I absolutely loved it when I was young. In fact, when I was little I would skate outside forever. I got frostbite on my feet because I would never come in. Now, I hate the cold sooo much.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes, I love ice skating!!!

Me----> speed skating

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Fun - be sure your skates are laced up right!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• hockeyspeed skatingat Rockefeller Center in Manhattan.

mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes. I grew up on a lake and my dad would smooth out a spot every year on the ice for us to skate on.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I started skating very young, 4ish, on a pair of bob-skates (double bladed skates that strap onto your boots), then progressed on to figure skating until I was 16. I wasn't great at the jumps, but I did enjoy it. I also taught little kids skating and skated recreationally until I was 20 or so and haven't skated in years.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yep took lessons when I was 8...it was big around our area with we young ladies.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010