CREATIVE MOMS PLEASE HELP!

Ok so every year for christmas my mom does a "birthday" cake for Jesus for the. grandkids I have recenctly gotten into cake decorating some examples of what I have done is make a cake that looked like the old nintendo system for dhs birthday so my mom said she wants me to make a creative happy birthday cake for Jesus and I am NOT a reliogous person so my brain is only coming up with funny kind of inappropraite ideas. My family is getting together this Saturday to celbrate and I am stuck.....any ideas?

Oh and I sent this from my phone so sorry for the spelling and grammar. Lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you could make a cross shaped cake.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 8:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You could do a sheet cake which is a rectangular cake and decorate the cake with a baby in a manager on the top of it. And then you can write Happy Birthday on it since you are going for the birthday theme. Only a suggetion though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree, a cross shaped cake would probably be best fitting. Maybe you could do the star or the stable
    No_Difference

Answer by No_Difference at 8:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I like the nativity scene cake idea. You may even be able to construct a cake that is the shape of a manger? And then go from there.. maybe make the manger structure out of rice crispies and the bottom a sheet cake. Then frost and decorate, with plastic nativity scene figurines.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would do the nativity before the cross, to me one represents His life, the other His death. Here are some cute pics

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Cross shaped cake.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• While I think the Cross shaped cake would be easier I have to agree with scout mom. When I think of the Cross I think of Jesus death not his birth.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010