Does your family sit down to dinner together?

If so, you are quite fortunate.

"The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect With Your Kids, One Meal At A Time," Laurie David stresses the importance of eating meals together as a family. "Modern life is tearing us apart," David says, imploring that the ritual of sitting down to regular meals can improve a myriad of areas in our lives and relationships. David has dinner with her children every night, noting that the routine it is especially important for families separated by divorce, saying "the conversation is just as important as the food."

tasches

Asked by tasches at 8:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• my kids eat together and I sit and do prayer w/ them. then I turn on some quiet music and hang w/ them, talk, possibly do some dishes, or sometimes have a snack or a few nibbles w/ them. it's fun and social.

I eat dinner w/ my DH when he gets home from work at 10:30pm ..... we need our time too :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Usually, yes.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yes we do dinner together
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes, every night.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes. Almost every night. I would say one night out of 30 we may eat in front of the TV or DH won't be home so I will just feed the kids something and eat with DH later.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am sort of like hibbingmom. The kids NEED to eat no later than 5:30pm but my husband can't get home till 6:30 at the earliest. Are kids are still little so we have two dinners. I sit and help them eat at 5pm and then when my husband gets home and is ready to eat we all sit down again (usually the kids are in pjs by this time) and the kids get a bedtime snack while dad and I eat. Hopefully when they are older we can all eat together a little easier. I agree that it's a very important thing to do with your family.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 8:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Most of the time.. there are times when the kids are eating dinner w/the sitter, or I don't feel like eating.We never did growing up and I am trying to do that with my kids.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would say six days out of seven.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes, my DF and I feel its very important to sit down to eat as a family.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not as much I I would like...hopefully we can start doing it again soon.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010