Anyone know any good ways to get your tummy to loose all that water weight right after baby is born?

Just any way to speed up getting it flatter....( I know it will never be the same) hahahaha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• drink lots of water
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 8:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• if you find any let me know would love to lose weight after this baby is born i couldnt lose it with my dd
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I didn't do anything and it just came off naturally. Within two weeks I lost 37 lbs.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• STAY FLAT for 2 weeks.

Yep. The traditional time for the "lying in" or the "confinement" which you hear about from times when women did a lot of child-bearing - and midwives who knew their business were around to give you good advice - is 14 whole days.

All the re-absorbing of the major circulation which was nourishing the uterus, and all the creation of the new circulation which will support the production of milk, takes TIME.

Everything is contracting back to its non-pregnant size. So if you're on your feet more than a tiny bit, then your abdominal organs are going to be pulled down and forward by gravity, and you end up with a pooch-belly which has nothing to do with fat - the pooch is the new shape of your actual organs.

But if you stay flat, then those organs are helped by gravity to resume their normal shape within the pelvis. PLUS all the ligaments and intestines are in normal places and can function better
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'd love to tell ya but I just gave up and ate a 1/2 box of lucky charms to drown my troubles.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• That would be tough to lay flat for 2 weeks after having a baby..
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 8:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yeah, it is tough - ish ... your new baby is right there beside you so you don't mind letting others take care of the housework and errands.

It CAN be challenging if you're accustomed to being in charge - you must let go and focus on bonding with & getting acquainted with the new little one. If you have other children already, they are thrilled to have mommy offering to read to them & play cards or other games, or do crafts ...

I was lucky. I got up too soon with my first child and as a result had a really hard time with low energy and spaciness.
    So with our second, my husband was emphatic about making sure that I had the full 2 weeks to rest and get back my strength. It really paid off, too. I got a proper rest, and then was full of energy for mothering both children.

And while I was mostly in bed, my older son had a great time, because I was not always too busy to play with him.

It's very valuable time ! Try it
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2010