Painful Cramping at 14 weeks??

HI all. I've been cramping for about 4 days now. It is actually getting more intense and has become quiet painful and not just uncomfortable. No blood.... but this is my second pregnancy carried to term, and this is not like the pain I had with my first. It isn't ligament pain. I took stool softners, even though I really didn't think the pain was similar to constipation. I have been drinking plenty of water... I just don't know. I finally called today because I had two back to back. The receptionist said "does it feel like contractions" and it does. That's what it feels like. I couldn't pin point it. They are going to see me tomorrow, but they said if it gets worse go to the hospital. I feel like I am over reacting, but this just doesn't seem right to me. Any advice ladies?

poweredbycarma

Asked by poweredbycarma at 8:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, i don't really have any advice, but i'm glad you're going to the dr. tomorrow and hope everything checks out ok.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would just follow dr instructions. Just rest and keep up on your water until you go in tmrw and bol!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 10:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Anytime you feel scared and think something is wrong always go with your gut instinct. We can't feel the pain you are in. We can only give advice for what we went through. I would say any cramp that you are not feeling comfortable with, it is always good to check in. Not only for the baby's sake but for yours too. Now onto my experience with three pregnancies, I had cramps with my second. I didn't bleed, but it was due to him restretching everything out and being in a different place then where my oldest son was laying. My third pregnancy was the best out of the three. I would try t relax, take a nice warm bath and prop your feet up if you can... That is hard to do with an older child.
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 11:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies. i went to the Hospital... 15 hour wait. So we drove to another hospital and waited 6 hours to find out someone who had been there 3 hours longer than us was still waiting, so by time I would have gotten out of there, it would have been nearly 8 am. SO I am at home. Still in some pain.... I'm frustrated. I am worried. My sister thinks it's "just gas" but trust me, this is not gas. She's never had a pregnancy past 9 weeks so... my friends with babies said to go in cuz it doesn't sound normal.
    poweredbycarma

Comment by poweredbycarma (original poster) at 3:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i have the same thing rite now too but i am only 10 weeks , hope all goes well
    brookesmama0230

Answer by brookesmama0230 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2010