Do u think powder formula causes more constipation than the ready to feed formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I personally think that is not as nutritious as ready made formula..or even compared to breast milk. As for constipation...I don't doubt it.

Anonymous

• Both of my babies were formula fed because I could not nurse them and neither of them had any problems with constipation. They were just as regular if not more regular than some breasfed babies I know. There are a lot of many different kinds of formula out there if one doesn't work well for your baby you can try another one. Good Luck!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 5:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• no, it doesn't cause more constipation when its mixed correctly. some people might be tempted to put too much powder in, thinking they are giving the kid a boost, but it's too concentrated and that could cause some problems. but jsut be sure to mix it properly and in general it won't cause constipation.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• YES! I noticed this with my son. We used ready to feed for the longest time. When he started eating a whole lot more we switched to powder because it was cheaper and there has been a change in bowl movements, or lack there of, for sure. I don't think it happens to all babies but I did notice it with mine.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 6:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my son is completely powder formula fed and has NEVER had a problem with constipation so IMO absolutely not
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Avoid belly problems and breastfeed!!!!

Anonymous

• I used powdered w/o problems. I hated the ready made b/c it stained all her clothing/bibs! I think the problem is more likely the type of formula than whether it's ready made, concentrate or powder. It's possible that the powder isn't made consistantly and too much or too little water with it can cuase problems.
    Anonymous